Project name: Cross-Border FIRESHIELD;
Approved under the Cross-border Programme the Republic of North Macedonia – Republic of Albania under the Instrument of Pre-accession Assistance (IPA II);
Municipality of Vrapciste (MK),
Municipality of Cerrik (AL),
Municipality of Bogovinje (MK),
CARITAS South (AL).
Total budget: 859.196,00 €
Impact of the project
To contribute towards environmental protection in the CB area by upgrading the public infrastructure for risk management.
- To introduce joint risk management for (wild)fire prevention in the CB area;
- To establish unique inter-municipal fire protection system;
- To build-up capacities for responding to natural disasters in the CB area;
- To raise awareness for environment protection in the CB area;
Outputs of the project
- Joint risk management plan for wildfire and fire protection and Standard operations procedures (SOP) are developed and put in practice;
- Joint fire protection department of Municipality Vrapciste and Bogovinje under the Law of inter-municipal cooperation is established;
- A new FIRE STATION for the newly established fire protection inter-municipal department is built;
- Special forest fire extinguishing vehicle is purchased for Vrapciste-Bogovinje fire station;
- 9 firefighters are employed, trained and equipped in the inter-municipal fire protection department;
- 23 firefighters across the border are with increased capacities for responding to natural disasters;
- Special natural disaster responding gear is purchased for Cerrik fire department;
- A natural disaster response voluntary system of 20 people is established and equipped, involving retired military staff and local population from rural areas in the cross-border region;
- 8200 primary school children are with raised awareness on forest fire prevention and wildfire consequences to the environment and fire alarms are installed in 3 primary schools;
- More than 25 000 rural households and more than 110.000 people from rural areas of the cross-border area are with raised awareness on fire and wildfire prevention.